Find out about roles with Bach to Baby here - Admin Assistant London
Join our Dream Team
Administrative & Promotional Assistant Position
We want to create a future where children can enjoy great live music from their very earliest moments.
About the Administrative & Promotional Assistant Position
Administrative & Promotional Assistant
Are you outlandishly organised but at the same time creative and flexible? Are you a pro-active self-starter who can make things happen and initiate change? We’d love to hear from you, and have you become part of our innovative and fast-moving team at Bach to Baby.
Bach to Baby, the critically acclaimed concert series for babies, children and their families, is looking for an enthusiastic, confident and creative person with superb people skills to liaise with artists, customers and venues. Multi-tasking and good time management skills are essential.
This is an ideal position for someone who is looking for part-time work each month to support studies or a portfolio career whilst developing skills in concert management with an innovative and ground-breaking series. It would also suit a parent looking for work during school hours, and can be easily combined with school/nursery drop off.
- Work with the concert administrator, marketing manager, and events team as required to facilitate the delivery of concerts
- Assist with scheduling performers, including management of contracts
- Respond to audience and customer enquiries
- Be responsible for updating of internal databases and Bach to Baby website
- Assist the marketing manager in areas of promotion such as production of promotional material, and leafleting
- Be able to step in for stewarding /concert management roles when needed
- Excellent organisational skills, methodical, with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills, with a flair/knack for creative copy-writing in English.
- Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work to and meet firm deadlines under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative - creative problem solver and self-starter
- Adaptable and ready to embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of the company
- Proficient in Word and Excel, and able to embrace new technology
- Experience working in administration or the arts
- Knowledge of Photoshop or similar image editing software
If this describes you, please write to us!
Location: London Bridge. You will work mainly at our office
Hours: This is a freelance, part-time position, 15-20 hours/week. £9/hr during training, £10/hr after training.
Bach to Baby understands what it means to have a portfolio career. This role offers a unique opportunity to contribute to an innovative and fast-moving business while allowing for a freelance career.
At the same time, this is a small company that cherishes hardworking entrepreneurship. Certain duties and responsibilities are difficult to define and may vary from time to time, sometimes overlapping in areas with other members of a close-knit team. Team members have the ability to think and work flexibly; a can-do attitude is required to meet the rapidly changing operational requirements while also making the time to think outside the box, explore, develop and learn the various areas in concert management.
Email email@example.com for consideration with the following:
- Email subject - Administrative and Promotional Assistant
- Please tell us where you heard about this position
- Cover letter explaining why you'd like to work for Bach to Baby and what you'll bring to our Dream Team.
- CV detailing education and relevant experience (max 2 pages)
Interview: Wed/Thurs March 28/29th 2018
Start date: Immediate
Application Closing Date: Mon March 26th 2018
What we do
Bach to Baby is the critically acclaimed classical concert series for babies, toddlers and their families to enjoy together. Founded by mum and award-winning pianist Miaomiao Yu, the series features outstanding musicians from the top concert stages, with monthly performances in over 45 venues across London and the South East, and now Birmingham, as well as special events at Buckingham Palace and Royal Albert Hall.
‘It’s about Mozart and Bach, feeding and crying, and dancing to music – all of it’ ~ Miaomiao Yu, founder
Our team philosophy
We believe that classical music can be shared and enjoyed by everyone and this drives everything we do.
INNOVATION: We think outside of the box, do what no one else has done before. We are an ideas team, and everyone can contribute no matter how big the dream or how small the detail.
MAKE THINGS HAPPEN: We're problem solvers, not problem finders. We move fast and we get things done.
QUALITY: We create the best, and believe in nothing less than exceptional; exceptional concerts, exceptional musicianship, exceptional audience experience.
SELF MANAGE: We are a team of leaders who can work independently AND collaborate.
DIG IN: Be a part of what we are doing in whatever capacity is needed, be flexible, and embrace the can-do spirit.
Why join our team
GROW as part of a talented team where you will be challenged each and every day. We move fast and we make BIG things happen. We are a rapidly growing company, and we give opportunities where we see ability and potential.
WORK FLEXIBLY within a portfolio career and/or family life.
MAKE CONNECTIONS with amazing musicians and people across the arts community.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE by continuing to redefine the classical concert format so more families can enjoy and share great music.