Join our Dream Team
Concert Administrator Position
We want to create a future where children can enjoy great live music from their very earliest moments.
About the Concert Administrator Position
Are you outlandishly organised but at the same time creative and flexible? Are you a pro-active self-starter who can make things happen and initiate change? We’d love to hear from you, and have you become part of our innovative and fast-moving team at Bach to Baby.
Bach to Baby, the critically acclaimed concert series for babies, children and their families, is looking for an enthusiastic, confident and creative person with superb people skills to liaise with artists, customers and venues. Multi-tasking and good time management skills are essential.
- Oversee the musical programming in collaboration with the founder
- Core responsibility: pre-concert coordination of artists, venues and website; handover to concert delivery teams
- Book performers, issue and follow up on contracts
- Book/confirm dates with venues
- Ensure internal databases and website are updated
- Make payments to artists and other suppliers
- First point of contact for audience and customer enquiries
- Be able to step in for stewarding and concert management roles when needed
- Excellent organisational skills, methodical, with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Good knowledge of classical music - at least ABRSM Grade 5 or equivalent
- Ability to work to and meet firm deadlines under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative - creative problem solver and self-starter
- Adaptable and ready to embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of the company
- Proficient in Word and Excel, and able to embrace new technology
- Experience working in administration or the arts
- Experience of organising and prioritising a complex workload in previous employment
- Flair/knack for creative copy-writing in English
If this describes you, please write to us!
Location: London Bridge. You will work mainly at our office
Hours: This is a part-time position (20 hours/week), up to £12/hour depending on experience
Bach to Baby understands what it means to be a working parent, and is committed to creating a work environment suitable for families. This role offers a unique opportunity to contribute to an innovative and fast-moving business while allowing for family life - be it school drop-off or a bout of chickenpox!
At the same time, this is a small company that cherishes hardworking entrepreneurship. Certain duties and responsibilities are difficult to define and may vary from time to time, sometimes overlapping in areas with other members of a close-knit team. Team members have the ability to think and work flexibly; a can-do attitude is required to meet the rapidly changing operational requirements while also making the time to think outside the box, explore, develop and learn the various areas in concert management.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration with the following:
- Email subject - Concert Administrator
- Please tell us where you heard about this position
- Cover letter explaining why you'd like to work for Bach to Baby and what you'll bring to our Dream Team.
- CV detailing education and relevant experience (max 2 pages)
Interview: Wed/Thurs March 28/29th 2018
Start date: Immediate
Application Closing Date: Mon March 26th 2018
What we do
Bach to Baby is the critically acclaimed classical concert series for babies, toddlers and their families to enjoy together. Founded by mum and award-winning pianist Miaomiao Yu, the series features outstanding musicians from the top concert stages, with monthly performances in over 45 venues across London and the South East, and now Birmingham, as well as special events at Buckingham Palace and Royal Albert Hall.
‘It’s about Mozart and Bach, feeding and crying, and dancing to music – all of it’ ~ Miaomiao Yu, founder
Our team philosophy
We believe that classical music can be shared and enjoyed by everyone and this drives everything we do.
INNOVATION: We think outside of the box, do what no one else has done before. We are an ideas team, and everyone can contribute no matter how big the dream or how small the detail.
MAKE THINGS HAPPEN: We're problem solvers, not problem finders. We move fast and we get things done.
QUALITY: We create the best, and believe in nothing less than exceptional; exceptional concerts, exceptional musicianship, exceptional audience experience.
SELF MANAGE: We are a team of leaders who can work independently AND collaborate.
DIG IN: Be a part of what we are doing in whatever capacity is needed, be flexible, and embrace the can-do spirit.
Why join our team
GROW as part of a talented team where you will be challenged each and every day. We move fast and we make BIG things happen. We are a rapidly growing company, and we give opportunities where we see ability and potential.
WORK FLEXIBLY within a portfolio career and/or family life.
MAKE CONNECTIONS with amazing musicians and people across the arts community.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE by continuing to redefine the classical concert format so more families can enjoy and share great music.