Join our Dream Team
Birmingham Area Manager
We want to create a future where children can enjoy great live music from their very earliest moments.
What we do
Bach to Baby is the critically acclaimed classical concert series for babies, toddlers and their families to enjoy together. Founded by mum and award-winning pianist Miaomiao Yu, the series features outstanding musicians from the top concert stages, with monthly performances in over 45 venues across London and the South East, as well as special events at Buckingham Palace and Royal Albert Hall.
‘It’s about Mozart and Bach, feeding and crying, and dancing to music – all of it’ ~ Miaomiao Yu, founder
Our team philosophy
We believe that classical music can be shared and enjoyed by everyone and this drives everything we do.
INNOVATION: We think outside of the box, do what no one else has done before. We are an ideas team, and everyone can contribute no matter how big the dream or how small the detail.
MAKE THINGS HAPPEN: We're problem solvers, not problem finders. We move fast and we get things done.
QUALITY: We create the best, and believe in nothing less than exceptional; exceptional concerts, exceptional musicianship, exceptional audience experience.
SELF MANAGE: We are a team of leaders who can work independently AND collaborate.
DIG IN: Be a part of what we are doing in whatever capacity is needed, be flexible, and embrace the can-do spirit.
Why join our team
GROW as part of a talented team where you will be challenged each and every day. We move fast and we make BIG things happen. We are a rapidly growing company, and we give opportunities where we see ability and potential.
WORK FLEXIBLY to fit around a portfolio career and/or family life.
MAKE CONNECTIONS with amazing musicians and people across the arts community.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE by continuing to redefine the classical concert format so more families can enjoy and share great music.
More about the Birmingham Area Manager Role
Bach to Baby, the critically acclaimed concert series for families, is launching in Birmingham and looking for an area manager with excellent presentation and organisation skills. If you are enthusiastic and love working with people we want to hear from you!
This is an ideal position with a music/drama/arts background, looking to develop skills in concert management with an innovative and ground-breaking series. Full training will be provided at London and Birmingham concerts.
- Working with London HQ team to implement our development strategy for Birmingham as a new area for the business.
- Being the public face of Bach to Baby, representing the brand.
- Looking after the needs of the audience, artists, venues, and Bach to Baby team members at a concert.
- Management of the local team and dditional liason for new venues and seeking out local marketing opportunites.
- Preparation of venue prior to concert, including putting up posters and sound/lighting check.
- Assisting concert attendees, which includes ticketing, giving directions, and serving light refreshments.
- Introducing the artists, and leading the singing of nursery rhymes at the end of concert.
- Friendly and sensitive to the needs of audience members
- Confident presenter with experience of dealing with the public
- Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Adaptable and ready to embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of the company
- Classical music/Arts graduate background
- Good singing voice
Birmingham is a new area of development for Bach to Baby with one regular monthly concert beginning at the end of March and more to be announced in subsequent months. Venues will be spread across Birmingham so depending on where you are based, a driving license and use of car may be essential.
This is a small company that cherishes hardworking entrepreneurship. Certain duties and responsibilities are difficult to define and may vary from time to time, sometimes overlapping in areas with other members of a close-knit team. Flexibility is required in order to have the freedom to think outside the box, explore, develop and learn the various areas in concert management.
- Weekday morning concerts: 9.30am-12.00pm
Hours may vary from month to month according to business requirements.
- Self-employed contract. £9/hour during training period. Following training, higher rate paid at per concert basis in full concert manager role. Area development tasks (in collaboration with HQ) will be paid separately and at an hourly rate.
Email email@example.com for consideration with the following:
- Email subject - Birmingham Area Manager position
- Please tell us how you heard about this position.
- CV detailing education and relevant experience (max 2 pages)
- Cover letter explaining why you'd like to work for Bach to Baby and what you'll bring to our Dream Team.
Application Closing Date: Applications are on a rolling basis and with a start date as soon as March 2018. Following an interview, successful applicants will be invited to attend a concert trial.