Join our Dream Team
Concert Steward and Admin Assistant
We want to create a future where children can enjoy great live music from their very earliest moments.
What we do
Bach to Baby is the critically acclaimed classical concert series for babies, toddlers and their families to enjoy together. Founded by mum and award-winning pianist Miaomiao Yu, the series features outstanding musicians from the top concert stages, with monthly performances in over 45 venues across London and the South East, as well as special events at Buckingham Palace and Royal Albert Hall.
‘It’s about Mozart and Bach, feeding and crying, and dancing to music – all of it’ ~ Miaomiao Yu, founder
Our team philosophy
We believe that classical music can be shared and enjoyed by everyone and this drives everything we do.
INNOVATION: We think outside of the box, do what no one else has done before. We are an ideas team, and everyone can contribute no matter how big the dream or how small the detail.
MAKE THINGS HAPPEN: We're problem solvers, not problem finders. We move fast and we get things done.
QUALITY: We create the best, and believe in nothing less than exceptional; exceptional concerts, exceptional musicianship, exceptional audience experience.
SELF MANAGE: We are a team of leaders who can work independently AND collaborate.
DIG IN: Be a part of what we are doing in whatever capacity is needed, be flexible, and embrace the can-do spirit.
Why join our team
GROW as part of a talented team where you will be challenged each and every day. We move fast and we make BIG things happen. We are a rapidly growing company, and we give opportunities where we see ability and potential.
WORK FLEXIBLY to fit around a portfolio career and/or family life.
MAKE CONNECTIONS with amazing musicians and people across the arts community.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE by continuing to redefine the classical concert format so more families can enjoy and share great music.
More about the Concert Steward & Admin Assistant Role
Bach to Baby, the critically acclaimed concert series for families, is looking for concert stewards to join our dream team in London. If you are enthusiastic and love working with people and the arts, we want to hear from you!
This is an ideal position for a musician/ actor/ arts graduate who is looking for work each month to support studies or a portfolio career whilst developing skills in concert management with an innovative and ground-breaking series.
This role would also suit a local parent looking for a few extra hours of work as concert stewarding can be easily combined with school/nursery drop off given concert prep starts from 09.30am.
- Being the public face of Bach to Baby, representing the brand.
- Looking after the needs of the audience, artists, and venues at a concert.
- Preparation of venue prior to concert, including putting up posters and sound/lighting check.
- Assisting concert attendees, which includes ticketing,giving directions and serving light refreshments.
- Introducing the artists, and leading the singing of nursery rhymes at the end of concert.
- After concert: assisting in returning the venue to the state in which we found it.
- Leafleting and marketing work as required by the Marketing Manager, may also be included in the role.
- Admin work based at Bach to Baby HQ in London Bridge, as required by the concert administrator, may be also available.
- Friendly and sensitive to the needs of audience members
- Experience of dealing with the public and excellent customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Adaptable and ready to embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of the company
- Located across London - with a preference for those residing in West London.
- Ability to sing in tune.
Venues are spread across London, easily accessible by public transport.
This is a small company that cherishes hardworking entrepreneurship. Certain duties and responsibilities are difficult to define and may vary from time to time, sometimes overlapping in areas with other members of a close-knit team. Flexibility is required in order to have the freedom to think outside the box, explore, develop and learn the various areas in concert management.
- Weekday morning concerts: 9.30am-12.00pm
- Weekday afternoon concerts: typically 3.00pm-5.30pm
- Saturday morning concerts 10.00am - 12.30pm
- There is the opportunity to work additional hours outside of concert times as part of our local marketing team.
This is a zero-hours contract. Hours may vary according to business requirements, however candidates would need to be able to commit to at least 10 concerts, or 10 half-days per month.
- The starting hourly rate is £9 hour as a trainee. Following training this is increased to £10/hour.
Email email@example.com for consideration with the following:
- Email subject - West London Concert Steward and Administrative Assistant position
- Please tell us where you heard about this position
- CV detailing education and relevant experience (max 2 pages)
- Cover letter explaining why you'd like to work for Bach to Baby and what you'll bring to our Dream Team.
Application Closing Date: Applications are on a rolling basis and with an immediate start date. Following a Skype interview, successful applicants will be invited to attend a concert trial.