Join our Dream Team
Operations Manager Position
We want to create a future where children can enjoy great live music from their very earliest moments.
What we do
Bach to Baby is the critically acclaimed classical concert series for babies, toddlers and their families to enjoy together. Founded by mum and award-winning pianist Miaomiao Yu, the series features outstanding musicians from the top concert stages, with monthly performances in over 45 venues across London and the South East, as well as special events at Buckingham Palace and Royal Albert Hall.
‘It’s about Mozart and Bach, feeding and crying, and dancing to music – all of it’ ~ Miaomiao Yu, founder
Our team philosophy
We believe that classical music can be shared and enjoyed by everyone and this drives everything we do.
INNOVATION: We think outside of the box, do what no one else has done before. We are an ideas team, and everyone can contribute no matter how big the dream or how small the detail.
MAKE THINGS HAPPEN: We're problem solvers, not problem finders. We move fast and we get things done.
QUALITY: We create the best, and believe in nothing less than exceptional; exceptional concerts, exceptional musicianship, exceptional audience experience.
SELF MANAGE: We are a team of leaders who can work independently AND collaborate.
DIG IN: Be a part of what we are doing in whatever capacity is needed, be flexible, and embrace the can-do spirit.
Why join our team
GROW as part of a talented team where you will be challenged each and every day. We move fast and we make BIG things happen. We are a rapidly growing company, and we give opportunities where we see ability and potential.
WORK FLEXIBLY to fit around a portfolio career and/or family life.
MAKE CONNECTIONS with amazing musicians and people across the arts community.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE by continuing to redefine the classical concert format so more families can enjoy and share great music.
About the Operations Manager Position
Bach to Baby understands what it means to be a working parent, and is committed to creating a work environment suitable for families. The role offers a unique opportunity to contribute to an innovative and fast-moving business while fitting around family life - be it school drop-off or a bout of chickenpox! This is a part time position (around 20 hours/week) with flexibility to work longer or shorter hours.
Are you outlandishly organised but at the same time flexible and diplomatic? Are you a pro-active self-starter who can create a strong and effective work environment? We’d love to hear from you, and have you become part of our innovative and fast-moving team at Bach to Baby.
Bach to Baby, the critically acclaimed concert series for babies, children and their families, is looking for an enthusiastic, confident and practical person with superb people skills to liaise with team members, suppliers and venues. Multi-tasking and good time management skills are essential.
Location: London Bridge
- Ensuring that the concert delivery teams have everything in place to deliver concerts on a daily basis around London
- Creating and managing the schedules of concert managers, stewards and photographers
- Ensuring that all necessary concert supplies are ordered and delivered to concert managers
- Being available as part of a rota to support the concert delivery teams and deal with any issues that arise before, during or after a concert
- Manage the day to day running of the office
- Coordination with payroll services to manage monthly payroll
- Payment of staff and suppliers
- Be able to step in for stewarding / concert management roles in an emergency
- You will work mainly at our office by London Bridge
If this describes you, please write to us!
- Significant previous experience managing operations of an arts organisation
- Excellent organisational skills, methodical, with attention to detail, and the ability to prioritise complex workload
- Diplomatic with good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a team of diverse individuals
- Ability to work on own initiative - creative problem solver and self-starter
- Ability to work to and meet firm deadlines under pressure
- Adaptable and ready to embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of the company
- Proficient in Word and Excel, and able to embrace new technology
We are committed to making work work for families. This is a part-time position (20 hours/week), with flexibility to work longer or shorter hours, fitting around school or some work-from-home hours possible.
At the same time, this is a small company that cherishes hardworking entrepreneurship. Certain duties and responsibilities are difficult to define and may vary from time to time, sometimes overlapping in areas with other members of a close-knit team. Team members have the ability to think and work flexibly; a can-do attitude is required to meet the rapidly changing operational requirements while also making the time to think outside the box, explore, develop and improve operational management within Bach to Baby.
This is a self-employed position. We expect to be able to offer work around 20 hours a week, with a preference for weekday mornings. Engagements will be based at our office in London Bridge.
Email email@example.com for consideration with the following:
- Email subject - Operations Manager position
- CV detailing education and relevant experience (max 2 pages)
- Cover letter explaining why you'd like to work for Bach to Baby and what you'll bring to our Dream Team.
Application Closing Date: 5pm, Monday 27 February , 2017
1st Interview: Wednesday 1 March, 2017, with a second round of interviews to follow.
Start date: immediate