Find out about roles with Bach to Baby here - Project Manager London
Join our Dream Team
Business Development and Project Manager
We want to create a future where children can enjoy great live music from their very earliest moments.
About the Business Development and Project Manager Position
Business Development and Project Manager
Bach to Baby, the critically acclaimed concert series for families, is looking for a project manager and business development coordinator to spearhead our exciting new projects. If you have a head for innovation, an entrepreneurial spirit and love working with people and the arts, we want to hear from you!
This is a part-time, contract role consisting of 15-20 hours a week and working mainly out of our London Bridge office.
- Review propositions for existing projects and amend/document as required
- Determine activity/staffing levels and additional resources
- Deliver projects to agreed milestones
- Analyse and report results to management
- Research and monitor new markets to identify potential relationships and market opportunities. Develop strategies for pursuing
- Liaise with Marketing to develop and deliver publicity and marketing materials to support activities
- Manage database of contacts and be main liaison for new and existing partnerships
- Significant previous experience project managing within an arts organisation
- Excellent organisational skills, methodical, with attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative - creative problem solver and self-starter
- Adaptable and ready to embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of the company
- Proficient in Word and Excel, and able to embrace new technology
- Diplomatic with good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a team of diverse individuals
- Experience working in the education sector
- Excellent market research skills and ability to identify opportunities, make contact and generate leads
- Experience applying for grants and seeking out funding opportunities
Location: London Bridge. You will work mainly at our office
Hours: This is a freelance position. Hours may vary according to business requirements but are expected to be 15-20 hours per week.
This is a small company that cherishes hardworking entrepreneurship. Certain duties and responsibilities are difficult to define and may vary from time to time, sometimes overlapping in areas with other members of a close-knit team. Flexibility is required in order to have the freedom to think outside the box, explore, develop and learn the various areas in concert management.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration with the following:
- Email subject - Business Development and Project Manager
- Please tell us where you heard about this position
- Cover letter explaining why you'd like to work for Bach to Baby and what you'll bring to our Dream Team.
- CV detailing education and relevant experience (max 2 pages)
Application Closing Date: Friday 13th April, 5pm
Interview: Following a Skype interview, successful applicants will invited to London Bridge for a further interview.
Start date: Immediate
What we do
Bach to Baby is the critically acclaimed classical concert series for babies, toddlers and their families to enjoy together. Founded by mum and award-winning pianist Miaomiao Yu, the series features outstanding musicians from the top concert stages, with monthly performances in over 45 venues across London and the South East, and now Birmingham, as well as special events at Buckingham Palace and Royal Albert Hall.
‘It’s about Mozart and Bach, feeding and crying, and dancing to music – all of it’ ~ Miaomiao Yu, founder
Our team philosophy
We believe that classical music can be shared and enjoyed by everyone and this drives everything we do.
INNOVATION: We think outside of the box, do what no one else has done before. We are an ideas team, and everyone can contribute no matter how big the dream or how small the detail.
MAKE THINGS HAPPEN: We're problem solvers, not problem finders. We move fast and we get things done.
QUALITY: We create the best, and believe in nothing less than exceptional; exceptional concerts, exceptional musicianship, exceptional audience experience.
SELF MANAGE: We are a team of leaders who can work independently AND collaborate.
DIG IN: Be a part of what we are doing in whatever capacity is needed, be flexible, and embrace the can-do spirit.
Why join our team
GROW as part of a talented team where you will be challenged each and every day. We move fast and we make BIG things happen. We are a rapidly growing company, and we give opportunities where we see ability and potential.
WORK FLEXIBLY within a portfolio career and/or family life.
MAKE CONNECTIONS with amazing musicians and people across the arts community.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE by continuing to redefine the classical concert format so more families can enjoy and share great music.