Join our Dream Team
Surrey Concert Manager
We want to create a future where children can enjoy great live music from their very earliest moments.
What we do
Bach to Baby is the critically acclaimed classical concert series for babies, toddlers and their families to enjoy together. Founded by mum and award-winning pianist Miaomiao Yu, the series features outstanding musicians from the top concert stages, with monthly performances in over 45 venues across London and the South East, as well as special events at Buckingham Palace and Royal Albert Hall.
‘It’s about Mozart and Bach, feeding and crying, and dancing to music – all of it’ ~ Miaomiao Yu, founder
Our team philosophy
We believe that classical music can be shared and enjoyed by everyone and this drives everything we do.
INNOVATION: We think outside of the box, do what no one else has done before. We are an ideas team, and everyone can contribute no matter how big the dream or how small the detail.
MAKE THINGS HAPPEN: We're problem solvers, not problem finders. We move fast and we get things done.
QUALITY: We create the best, and believe in nothing less than exceptional; exceptional concerts, exceptional musicianship, exceptional audience experience.
SELF MANAGE: We are a team of leaders who can work independently AND collaborate.
DIG IN: Be a part of what we are doing in whatever capacity is needed, be flexible, and embrace the can-do spirit.
Why join our team
GROW as part of a talented team where you will be challenged each and every day. We move fast and we make BIG things happen. We are a rapidly growing company, and we give opportunities where we see ability and potential.
WORK FLEXIBLY to fit around a portfolio career and/or family life.
MAKE CONNECTIONS with amazing musicians and people across the arts community.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE by continuing to redefine the classical concert format so more families can enjoy and share great music.
More about the Surrey Concert Manager Role
Bach to Baby, the critically acclaimed concert series for families, is looking for a Surrey concert manager with excellent presentation and organisation skills. If you are enthusiastic and love working with people we want to hear from you! Classical music/Drama/ Arts graduate background with an ability to sing preferable.
This is an ideal position for a music/drama/arts graduate, especially a singer who is looking to develop skills in concert management with an innovative and ground-breaking series. Full training will be provided at concerts during July and September 2017.
- Being the public face of Bach to Baby, representing the brand.
- Looking after the needs of the audience, artists, venues, and Bach to Baby team members at a concert.
- Preparation of venue prior to concert, including putting up posters and sound/lighting check.
- Assisting concert attendees, which includes ticketing, giving directions, and serving light refreshments.
- Introducing the artists, and leading the singing of nursery rhymes at the end of concert.
- After concert: assisting in returning the venue to the state in which we found it.
- Friendly and sensitive to the needs of audience members
- Confident presenter with experience of dealing with the public
- Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Adaptable and ready to embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of the company
- Classical music/Arts graduate background
- Good singing voice
Venues are spread across Surrey, a driving license and use of car are essentialt.
Preference for a Guildford or Reading based individual.
This is a small company that cherishes hardworking entrepreneurship. Certain duties and responsibilities are difficult to define and may vary from time to time, sometimes overlapping in areas with other members of a close-knit team. Flexibility is required in order to have the freedom to think outside the box, explore, develop and learn the various areas in concert management.
- Weekday morning concerts: 9.30am-12.00pm
Hours may vary from month to month according to business requirements, however candidates would need to be able to commit to at least 5 concerts per month, typically weekday 9:30am-12noon.
- Self-employed contract. £9/hour during training period. Higher rate paid at per concert basis in full concert manager role.
Email email@example.com for consideration with the following:
- Email subject - Surrey Concert Manager position
- CV detailing education and relevant experience (max 2 pages)
- Cover letter explaining why you'd like to work for Bach to Baby and what you'll bring to our Dream Team.
Application Closing Date: Wednesday 19th July 2017, 5pm
Interview: Friday 21st July, 2017