Join our Dream Team
Surrey Concert Steward
We want to create a future where children can enjoy great live music from their very earliest moments.
What we do
Bach to Baby is the critically acclaimed classical concert series for babies, toddlers and their families to enjoy together. Founded by mum and award-winning pianist Miaomiao Yu, the series features outstanding musicians from the top concert stages, with monthly performances in over 45 venues across London and the South East, as well as special events at Buckingham Palace and Royal Albert Hall.
‘It’s about Mozart and Bach, feeding and crying, and dancing to music – all of it’ ~ Miaomiao Yu, founder
Our team philosophy
We believe that classical music can be shared and enjoyed by everyone and this drives everything we do.
INNOVATION: We think outside of the box, do what no one else has done before. We are an ideas team, and everyone can contribute no matter how big the dream or how small the detail.
MAKE THINGS HAPPEN: We're problem solvers, not problem finders. We move fast and we get things done.
QUALITY: We create the best, and believe in nothing less than exceptional; exceptional concerts, exceptional musicianship, exceptional audience experience.
SELF MANAGE: We are a team of leaders who can work independently AND collaborate.
DIG IN: Be a part of what we are doing in whatever capacity is needed, be flexible, and embrace the can-do spirit.
Why join our team
GROW as part of a talented team where you will be challenged each and every day. We move fast and we make BIG things happen. We are a rapidly growing company, and we give opportunities where we see ability and potential.
WORK FLEXIBLY to fit around a portfolio career and/or family life.
MAKE CONNECTIONS with amazing musicians and people across the arts community.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE by continuing to redefine the classical concert format so more families can enjoy and share great music.
More about the Surrey Concert Steward Role
Bach to Baby, the critically acclaimed concert series for families, is looking for a concert steward to join our Surrey team in preparation for the busy Christmas season and with ongoing ad hoc work in 2018. If you are enthusiastic and love working with people we want to hear from you!
This is an ideal position for a musician/actor/arts graduate who is looking to develop skills in concert management with an innovative and ground-breaking series.
- Being the public face of Bach to Baby, representing the brand.
- Looking after the needs of the audience, artists, and venues at a concert.
- Preparation of venue prior to concert, including putting up posters and sound/lighting check.
- Assisting concert attendees, which includes ticketing, giving directions, and serving light refreshments.
- After concert: assisting in returning the venue to the state in which we found it.
- Occasional leafleting and marketing work as required by the Marketing Manager.
- Friendly and sensitive to the needs of audience members
- Experience of dealing with the public
- Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Adaptable and ready to embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of the company
- Located in Reading or Guildford
Main venues are in Reading and Guildford with possible travel to other Surrey venues.
This is a small company that cherishes hardworking entrepreneurship. Certain duties and responsibilities are difficult to define and may vary from time to time, sometimes overlapping in areas with other members of a close-knit team. Flexibility is required in order to have the freedom to think outside the box, explore, develop and learn the various areas in concert management.
- Weekday morning concerts: 9.30am-12.00pm
- Weekday afternoon concerts: typically 3.00pm-5.30pm
- Occasional Saturday morning concerts 10.00am - 12.30pm
This is a zero-hours contract. Hours may vary according to business requirements, however candidates would need to be able to commit to at least 15 concerts in November and December 2017, typically on week days 9:30am-12noon.
- The position pays £9 per hour. Wages are paid monthly through PAYE.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration with the following:
- Email subject - Surrey Concert Steward position
- CV detailing education and relevant experience (max 2 pages)
- Cover letter explaining why you'd like to work for Bach to Baby and what you'll bring to our Dream Team.
Application Closing Date: Tuesday 28th November 2017, 5pm or when the position is filled
Skype Interview: as and when we receive promising applications