Join our Dream Team
Surrey Photographer and Concert Steward Position
We want to create a future where children can enjoy great live music from their very earliest moments.
What we do
Bach to Baby is the critically acclaimed classical concert series for babies, toddlers and their families to enjoy together. Founded by mum and award-winning pianist Miaomiao Yu, the series features outstanding musicians from the top concert stages, with monthly performances in over 45 venues across London and beyond, as well as special events at Buckingham Palace and Royal Albert Hall.
‘It’s about Mozart and Bach, feeding and crying, and dancing to music – all of it’ ~ Miaomiao Yu, founder
Our team philosophy
We believe that classical music can be shared and enjoyed by everyone and this drives everything we do.
INNOVATION: We think outside of the box, do what no one else has done before. We are an ideas team, and everyone can contribute no matter how big the dream or how small the detail.
MAKE THINGS HAPPEN: We're problem solvers, not problem finders. We move fast and we get things done.
QUALITY: We create the best, and believe in nothing less than exceptional; exceptional concerts, exceptional musicianship, exceptional audience experience.
SELF MANAGE: We are a team of leaders who can work independently AND collaborate.
DIG IN: Be a part of what we are doing in whatever capacity is needed, be flexible, and embrace the can-do spirit.
Why join our team
GROW as part of a talented team where you will be challenged each and every day. We move fast and we make BIG things happen. We are a rapidly growing company, and we give opportunities where we see ability and potential.
WORK FLEXIBLY to fit around a portfolio career and/or family life.
MAKE CONNECTIONS with amazing musicians and people across the arts community.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE by continuing to redefine the classical concert format so more families can enjoy and share great music.
Surrey Concert Photographer & Steward Position
Bach to Baby is a rapidly growing concert series that organises classical music concerts for carers and babies/young children in London and beyond. The job involves:
- Reportage-style photography of the concerts, including parents & children, performers and venues
- Concert stewarding including concert setup, assisting attendees, ticket sales and serving refreshments
- Selection/processing of images and uploading to main Bach to Baby photographer
- Concerts are held during the week in the day time and are in venues across Surrey. Ideally, candidates would be based in Guildford or Reading. A Driving license and use of car is preferable.
- Strong photography skills, including reportage and ability to work in non-ideal light conditions
- Own equipment and editing software required
- Experience of dealing with the public/working with babies & young children
- Sensitivity to the non-obtrusive nature of event photography is a must
- Good interpersonal skills with a “can do” attitude and good attention to detail
- Reliable, well-presented individual who is also able to fulfil other stewarding duties as part of a small team
- Preference for living in Guildford / Reading
This is a self-employed position. Hours may vary from month to month according to business requirements, however candidates would need to be able to commit to at least 5 concerts per month. Hours are expected to increase as the business is rapidly expanding its number of monthly events. Attendance at concerts is generally 9.30am-12.00 on weekday mornings.
Image processing can be done at home and is usually required on the day of the concert.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration with the following:
- Email subject - Surrey Photographer/steward position
- Cover letter
- CV detailing education and relevant experience (max 2 pages)
- Portfolio/Link to website
Application Closing Date: Monday 25th September 2017, 5pm
Skype Interview: Wednesday 27th September 2017
Successful candidates will be invited to observe a concert and carry out a trial photo session.
Start date: Immediate